At least four shops were gutted in a fire that broke out in Natun Bazar area in the district town early Wednesday.
The fire broke out at a timber factory named Liton Furniture’s around 1am and soon engulfed adjacent shops, said Golam Sarwar, officer at Magura Fire Service.
On information, fire fighters from Magura fire station rushed to the spot and doused the fire.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit, said Golam Sarwar, officer at the fire station.
The loss in the fire was estimated Tk 20 lakh, claimed the affected shop owners. unb