A fire, that broke out at the 200-kb sub-station in Fenchuganj of Sylhet on Monday, has been doused after two and half hours of frantic efforts.
Sylhet division fire service deputy director ABM Ferdous told UNB that on information, four units of fire fighters rushed to the spot around 10:00 am and brought the flame under control at 12:20 pm.
Following the fire eruption, power supply in the surrounding areas was cut off but it was partially restored after the firefighters had doused the blaze, he added.
The fire originated from an electric short circuit and a transformer was completely burnt, said Sylhet fire service assistant director Dip Moni Sharma, added our Sylhet Correspondent.
Contacted, Sylhet Power Development Board chief engineer Ratan Kumar Biswas said power connection has remained disrupted in Fenchuganj and Bianibazar upazilas of Sylhet and whole Moulvibazar district following the fire at the sub-station.
Efforts are on to restore the power supply, he added.unb