Father, son die of ‘food poisoning’ in Naogaon

0
85

Staff Reporter:

A man and his son have died due to reported food poisoning in Dariapur village in Mahadevpur upazila in the district.

The deceased were identified as Arun Kumar Kundu, 55, and his son Chandan Kumar Kundu, 25, of the village.

Officer-in-charge of Mahadevpur Police Station Md Sajjad Hossain said they fell sick on Sunday night after eating food in a picnic.

They were taken to Mahadevpur Health Complex where Arun died around 2am on Monday and Chandan also died on the way to Rajshahi Medical College Hospital.

Resident Medical Officer at the upazila hospital Dr Debashish Kumar said the duo fell unconscious following excessive vomiting and loose motion. “They’re suspected to die due to food poisoning,” he said.

The bodies were sent to Sadar Hospital for autopsy, he said.unb

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here