Three men died allegedly after drinking toxic homemade liquor in a wedding ceremony at Habibnagar area in the upzila on Saturday.
Among the deceased two were identified as Sajal Mandal, 28, son of Gopal Mandal of Shubhatta Habibnanagr area and Md Sharif, 40, son of Mohammad Ali of the same area, said Monirul Islam, officer-in-charge (OC) of Dakkhin Keraniganj Police Station.
Three people felt sick after taking toxic liquor at a wedding programme in the area on Friday night, said Sub-inspector Abdur Rahim, investigation officer of the case, quoting locals.
Locals rushed Sajal and Sharif to Sir Salimullah Medical College and Mitford Hospital where Sharif was declared dead, police said.
Later, as the condition deteriorated, Sajal was referred to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH) where he died in the morning, said SI Bacchu Mia, in-charge of DMCH Police Outpost.
However, the person whose identity could not be known was admitted to a city clinic where he died on Saturday evening, said the OC.
A case of unnatural death was filed with Dakkhin Keraniganj Police Station.unb